Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Projects Update

The month of June was a slow month for me, but the months prior, I had several projects going.  I did some sewing, quilting and painting.  So here are some long awaited pictures of my fun projects.

Hannah's Bag
My friend Hannah was having a baby shower.  Two friends and I went in together to purchase a gift.  In order to maximize our spending $, I decided to make a card and a simple bag or something to put the gift in.  The biggest part of the gift was a nursing pillow, so the bag had to fit around that.  Two hours later (and with minutes to spare to leave for the baby shower), I ended up with a bag that far out weighed my original plans.  That's how it always seems to work.  My projects seem to grow.... The finished bag was a reversible bag with handles and a Monogram on one side.




Mitchell's Quilt
In January, our dear friends named their third son after my wonderful husband, Tim.  They were going to name him Timothy Mitchell Yancey and call him Mitchell, but later decided to name him Mitchell Timothy Yancey, since they would be calling him Mitchell.   He is the cutest thing.  To thank them for such a wonderful honor, I decided to make Mitchell a baby quilt.  






Art Show at Mitchell's Coffee Shop
My friend, Yahoo and I had got to display our paintings at the coffee shop in town for the whole month of June.  Sadly, I did not remember to take pictures of the actual show.  I do however have some pictures of a couple of my painting.





So, that's what I've been up to.  I hope to be better at blogging in the coming months.


No comments:

Post a Comment