Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Faux Brick Wall

I just got finished painting my very first Faux Brick Wall.
About 6 months ago, my son, James was talking about wanting to do some graffiti on the wall of his bedroom. My husband, Tim, suggested that I paint and brick wall for the graffiti to go on. And so the dream began. I did a little research and 6 months later finally got started.
Tim and James were going out of town with the youth group on a ski trip, so this was the perfect opportunity to get this project done. I had my husband help me tape the horizontal lines and I did the rest.

The horizontal lines were hard to look at. It kinda made you dizzy.
Taping off the vertical lines took a long time. There were over 350 pieces of 4in. tape to separate the bricks!

I covered the entire wall in plaster.
Then came the paint. I sponged it on with a sponge using two colors.
Unexpected problem when I pulled off tape. Too much paint came off. Time to improvise!

I used watercolor to paint the exposed plaster on every single brick.
All the effort was worth it in the end.




1 comment:

  1. What a clever idea! Oh.. and btw... you are my winner!!! Please email me with your dress size and shipping information. You won the Tuxedo dress from Shabby Apple. You can see my post at http://blog.angelayosten.com

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete