Today was the first day of our annual Parker Street Ministries Summer Camp. I am so excited about this summer. I think it is going to be our best summer yet. We have an almost entirely new summer staff, except for Adrienne who was with us for the school year. Christina, our Director of Education, has done a great job at hiring new staff and getting everything ready. We are growing our numbers this summer to 60 children, up from 40 last summer.
Our kids enjoy the morning and afternoon snack that we provide.
Some of the kids that have gotten too old to participate in summer camp have decided to volunteer with us all summer. Christina has paired them each with a staff member to help.
The kids get to hear about Jesus every day at camp. Most of our kids don't go to church or hear about Jesus at home, so we take the opportunity to talk about Him as much as possible. Each Staff does a short bible lesson/study with his/her class everyday.
The first day went very smoothly. I'm sure we will have some bumps in the road. (that come w/ the territory) I can't wait to share more about what God is doing in our neighborhood summer camp as the summer goes on.
No comments:
Post a Comment